We often face challenging moments that test our faith and resilience in life. These hard times can feel overwhelming, and it’s during these moments that turning to the Bible can provide solace and guidance. The scriptures are a wellspring of wisdom and comfort, offering a roadmap for praising God even when circumstances seem bleak. This article will explore 52 bible verses about praising God in hard times encourages us to praise God. Let’s go on this journey together.
In this article
Bible Verses that Inspires Praising God
1. Praising God as a Source of Strength
Psalm 28:7 – “The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song, I praise him.”
Hard times can weaken us, but this verse reminds us that our strength comes from God. Praising God in the face of adversity serves as an acknowledgement of His unwavering support.
2. Praising God in All Circumstances
1 Thessalonians 5:18 – “Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
No matter how challenging the situation is, this verse reminds us that gratitude and Praise should be a constant in our lives. In doing so, we align ourselves with God’s divine will.
3. Finding Peace through Praise
Philippians 4:6-7 – “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
Praising God can bring about a profound peace that surpasses human comprehension. It’s a powerful way to calm our troubled hearts and minds.
4. Praising God in the Storms of Life
Psalm 107:29 – “He stilled the storm to a whisper; the waves of the sea were hushed.”
Anytime the storm of life rages, our Praise can be the key to calming the turbulent waters, as we trust in God’s ability to bring stillness to the chaos.
5. Praising God for His Faithfulness
Lamentations 3:22-23 – “Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.”
In difficult times, it’s essential to remember God’s unchanging faithfulness. Praise acknowledges and celebrates His enduring love and compassion.
6. Praising God Through Suffering
Romans 5:3-4 – “Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.”
Praising God during times of suffering is a testament to our faith. It moulds us, strengthens our character, and instils hope for a brighter future.
7. The Gift of Joy in Praise
James 1:2 – “Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds.”
As impossible as it may seem, we are encouraged to find joy in our trials through Praise, knowing that they shape us for a higher purpose. We are encouraged to rejoice because we face trials because of our faith.
8. Praising God as an Act of Sacrifice
Hebrews 13:15 – “Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise, the fruit of lips that openly profess his name.”
Praising God, especially in hard times, is a sacrifice—a gift of our lips that reflects our unwavering commitment to Him.
9. Praising God for His Sovereignty
Daniel 2:20-21 – “Praise be to the name of God forever and ever; wisdom and power are his. He changes times and seasons; he deposes kings and raises up others.”
Acknowledging God’s sovereignty, even in adversity, reminds us that He holds the ultimate power to change circumstances and guide our path.
10. Praising God Amidst Persecution
2 Corinthians 4:8-9 – “We are hard-pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.”
In the face of persecution and adversity, our Praise is a testament to our resilience and unwavering trust in God’s protection.
11. Praising God for His Comfort
2 Corinthians 1:3-4 – “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.”
Praising God for His comfort brings solace in hard times and equips us to comfort others with the same comfort we have received.
12. Praising God as an Offering of Thanksgiving
Psalm 50:23 – “Those who sacrifice thank offerings honor me, and to the blameless, I will show my salvation.”
Our Praise to God is a thank offering, a way to honour Him and be open to experiencing His saving grace.
13. Praise as a Weapon against Fear
Psalm 56:3-4 – “When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. In God, whose word I praise—in God, I trust and am not afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?”
Praising God dispels fear and bolsters our trust in Him, knowing that His promises are our shield against the actions of others.
14. Praising God for His Unfailing Love
Psalm 136:26 – “Give thanks to the God of heaven. His love endures forever.”
In the face of adversity, Praise becomes a declaration of God’s enduring love that remains constant even when the world changes.
15. Praising God as an Act of Faith
Psalm 42:11 – “Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.”
Even in moments of despair, we put our hope in God and praise Him, knowing He is our ultimate Savior.
16. Praising God Through Music
Psalm 150:3-6 – “Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet, praise him with the harp and lyre, praise him with timbrel and dancing, praise him with the strings and pipe, praise him with the clash of cymbals, praise him with resounding cymbals. Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD.”
Music and song are powerful ways to express our Praise to God, lifting our spirits and improving our sense of connection with God’s divine nature.
17. Praising God amid Desperation
Psalm 34:17-18 – “The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles. The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.”
Praising God during our darkest moments allows us to experience His presence and find deliverance from our troubles.
18. Praising God for His Perfect Timing
Ecclesiastes 3:1 – “There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens.”
Praising God acknowledges His divine timing, reminding us that even in challenging times, there is a purpose and season for everything. When we praise God even in hard times, we tell God that we acknowledge his timing and believe he will give us victory at the right time.
19. Praising God for His Protection
Psalm 91:4 – “He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings, you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.”
Praising God serves as a reminder of His protective presence, ensuring our safety in times of trouble.
20. Praising God as an Anchor of Hope
Hebrews 6:19 – “We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain.”
Praise anchors our hope firmly in God, allowing us to enter His sanctuary of peace, no matter how stormy life becomes.
21. Psalm 34:1 – “I will bless the LORD at all times; his praise shall continually be in my mouth.”
22. Psalm 46:1 – “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.”
23. Psalm 63:3 – “Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise you.”
24. Psalm 69:30 – “I will praise the name of God with a song; I will magnify him with thanksgiving.”
25. Psalm 71:14 – “But I will hope continually and will praise you yet more and more.”
26. Psalm 95:2 – “Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise!”
27. Psalm 100:4 – “Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with Praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name!”
28. Psalm 118:21 – “I will give you thanks, for you answered me; you have become my salvation.”
29. Psalm 138:1 – “I give you thanks, O LORD, with my whole heart; before the gods, I sing your praise.”
30. Psalm 147:1 – “Praise the LORD! For it is good to sing praises to our God; for it is pleasant, and a song of Praise is fitting.”
31. Isaiah 25:1 – “O LORD, you are my God; I will exalt you; I will praise your name, for you have done wonderful things, plans formed of old, faithful and sure.”
32. Isaiah 41:10 – “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
33. Habakkuk 3:17-18 – “Though the fig tree should not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines, the produce of the olive fail and the fields yield no food, the flock be cut off from the fold and there be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD; I will take joy in the God of my salvation.”
34. Romans 8:28 – “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”
35. Romans 12:12 – “Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.”
36. 2 Corinthians 12:9 – “But he said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.”
37. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 – “Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.”
38. 1 Peter 5:7 – “Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.”
39. Revelation 21:4 – “He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”
40. Psalm 27:1 – “The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?”
41. Psalm 62:1 – “For God alone my soul waits in silence; from him comes my salvation.”
42. Psalm 91:4 – “He will cover you with his pinions, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness is a shield and buckler.”
43. Psalm 121:1-2 – “I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth.”
44. Psalm 139:1-3 – “O LORD, you have searched me and known me! You know when I sit down and when I rise up; you discern my thoughts from afar.”
45. Isaiah 26:3 – “You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you because he trusts in you.”
46. Isaiah 40:31 – “But they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.”
47. Isaiah 43:2 – “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.”
48. John 14:27 – “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.”
49. Romans 15:13 – “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.”
50. 1 Corinthians 10:13 – “No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation, he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.”
51. 2 Timothy 1:7 – “For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.”
52. 1 Peter 4:12-13 – “Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice insofar as you share Christ’s sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed.”
When life’s trials threaten to overwhelm us, these 52 Bible verses offer a source of solace, wisdom, and encouragement. They inspire us to praise God in hard times and remind us that it is not only an act of faith but a powerful declaration of His sovereignty, love, and protection. By turning to these verses and allowing their message to resonate in our hearts, we can find the strength and hope needed to navigate the stormy seas of life, always praising the one who guides us through it all.