Our Lord Jesus is a source of inspiration to many believers because of his words and works while he walked the earth as a man. One of the works of Jesus that encourages me is the miracles he performed on earth, and those miracles are extraordinary events that show the divine nature, compassion and authority over the physical and the spiritual world.
The miracles he performed are an essential part of the Christian faith and the development of theology and belief. In this article, we’ll explore the list of Jesus’ miracles in chronological order, categories of the miracles performed by Jesus and the significance of the miracles.
In this article
37 Miracles of Jesus in Chronological Order
Jesus performed many miracles that cannot be written down in one book because of how many they were. Still, we can easily note 37 miracles that Jesus performed himself in the scripture.
|1||Jesus turned water into wine||Cana of Galilee||John 2:1-11|
|2||Jesus heals a nobleman’s son||Cana of Galilee||John 4:43-54|
|3||Jesus heals a man with unclean spirit||Capernaum||Mark 1:21-27|
|4||Jesus Heals Peter’s Mother-in-Law||Matthew 8:14-15 |
|5||Healing of the sick, oppressed, and possessed||Matthew 8:16-17|
|6||Miraculous catch of fish||Gennnesaret||Luke 5:1-11|
|7||Cleansing of the man with leprosy||Matthew 8:1-4 |
|8||Jesus Healed a Centurion’s Paralysed Servant||Capernaum||Matthew 8:5-13|
|9||Jesus Healed a paralysed man Let Down From the Roof||Matthew 9:1-8 |
|10||Jesus Healed a man with a withered hand||Matthew 12:9-14|
|11||Jesus Raised a Widow’s Son From the Dead||Nain||Luke 7:11-17|
|12||He calmed the storm at sea||Matthew 8:23-27 |
|13||Casting out of demons from the madman||Gardarenes||Matthew 8:28-33|
|14||Healing of the woman with the issue of blood||Matthew 9:20-22 |
|15||Jesus brought Jairus’ Daughter Back to Life||Matthew 9:23-26|
|16||Jesus Healed Two Blind Men||Matthew 9:27-31|
|17||Jesus healed a dumb man||Matthew 9:32-34|
|18||Jesus Heals an Invalid at Bethesda||Bethesda||John 5:1-15|
|19||Jesus Fed 5,000||Matthew 14:13-21|
|20||Jesus Walks on Water||Matthew 14:22-33 |
|21||Healing of many by his touch and the hem of his garment||Gennesaret||Matthew 14:34-36|
|22||Healing of a Syrophenician Woman’s Demon-Possessed Daughter||Matthew 15:21-28|
|23||Healing a Deaf and Dumb Man||Mark 7:31-37|
|24||Feeding the 4,000||Matthew 15:32-39|
|25||Healing the blind man at Bethsaida||Bethsaida||Mark 8:22-26|
|26||Jesus Heals a Man Born Blind||John 9:1-12|
|27||Jesus Heals a Boy With an Unclean Spirit||Matthew 17:14-20|
|28||Money from the mouth of the fish||Matthew 17:24-27|
|29||Jesus Heals a Blind and mute man||Matthew 12:22-23|
|30||Jesus Heals a Woman Who was Cripple for 18 Years||Luke 13:10-17|
|31||Jesus Heals a Man who had dropsy||Luke 14:1-6|
|32||Jesus Cleanses Ten Lepers on the Way||Luke 17:11-19|
|33||Jesus Raises Lazarus from the Dead||Bethany||John 11:1-45|
|34||Jesus Restores Bartimaeus’s sight||Jericho||Matthew 20:29-34|
|35||Jesus Withers the Fig Tree||Matthew 21:18-22 Mark11:12-14|
|36||Jesus restores the ear of the man Peter cut off||Luke 22:50-51|
|37||Miraculous Catch of Fish||Sea of Tiberias||John 21:4-11|
Categories of miracles performed by Jesus in the Bible
1. Healing miracles: Many of Jesus’ miracles involve the healing of various physical and spiritual diseases or ailments. Some of these include restoring sight to the blind, hearing to the deaf, mobility to the lame, and even raising the dead. These healing miracles not only remove suffering but also show the spiritual healing and salvation that Jesus offers to the world.
2. Authority over Nature: Jesus demonstrated His authority over nature by performing miracles such as calming storms, walking on water, and turning water into wine. These miracles showed His divine power and control over the physical world.
3. Casting out of Demons: Jesus cast out demons from individuals who were possessed or tormented by evil spirits. These not only freed the afflicted but also illustrated Jesus’ authority and victory over the forces of darkness.
4. Feeding Miracles: Jesus performed two significant miracles where he multiplied a small amount of food to feed large crowds. The feeding of the 5,000 and the feeding of the 4,000 demonstrated Jesus’ ability to provide for the physical needs of His followers while also providing for their spiritual needs.
5. Miracles of Provision: Jesus provided by bringing out money from the fish mouth to pay taxes and also by miraculously providing a multitude catch of fish. These miracles are proof that Jesus is willing and able to provide for our needs.
Why Did Jesus Perform Miracles On Earth?
1. The miracles are a confirmation of his identity as the son of God. They also provide evidence that he is the messiah who is sent to save the world.
2. Jesus’ miracles showed his compassionate nature and his heart for his people. He fed the hungry, comforted the afflicted, and healed the sick, demonstrating his love and care for humanity.
3. His miracles serve as a teaching tool to teach spiritual lessons to his followers.
4. His miracles emphasise the importance of faith in the life of a believer. Jesus emphasised faith in the process of healing and salvation by using words like “your faith has made you whole”.
5. Some miracles of Jesus challenged stereotyped religious traditions and beliefs.
Overall, the miracles of Jesus are foundational to the Christian faith, emphasising His divine nature, compassion for humanity, and the transformative power of faith. They continue to inspire and strengthen the beliefs of Christians around the world, serving as a testament to the profound impact of His ministry.